Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Cooking school

So I have been taking cooking classes, but only picking the Japanese ones. I took one last month, but didn't write about it. Oh well.

Well yesterday I went to class and thought it was going to be good. We were going to make a Japanese meal which consisted of fish over some leafy greens on rice, miso soup, daikon salad, and gummy rice with a sauce for dessert. It sounds great. Little did I know that today's class would be interesting and of course, I forgot my camera.
So, like I said, we were having fish and it was time to prepare it. SO, I thought it would be ready already and we just had to cook it. NOPE. Out comes 3 long fish, similar to a mackerel, in which we were suppose to CUT, GUT, and DEBONE. Oh, I was not ready for that. The teacher explained how to do it and there we went. First is was the head, which I was able to cut, but then all the blood and some guts started to ooze out. YUCK. I was sick and was like "ugh" I couldn't proceed with the rest of it and my teacher had to do it for me. It grossed me out like no other. Funny thing, I've been in an ER with with people coming in from accidents with gashes and cuts and blood everywhere, but it didn't gross me out. However, that fish did.

Here is our completed meal and I couldn't even eat the fish. UGH. I realize its all in my head, but just couldn't. Anywho, thankfully I met a nice lady named Gladys, who was kind enough to send me this photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment