Sunday, May 15, 2011

Crazy couple of weeks

Hope everyone is doing well. Mike and I are doing well and keeping busy. It's been a fast couple of weeks, but we have managed to get through them.

Over Easter weekend we hosted a couples baby shower, which turned out great. That same afternoon I had to catch a flight home for my grandma's funeral, which was Monday/Tuesday after Easter. Grandma looked peaceful and that's all that matters.

So after 3 days in the states, I had to fly back to Tokyo to ensure that I made it for our next flight. Mike and I left on the last Friday of April for our golden week vacation to Vietnam and Cambodia. This had been planned for months, so I had to make it back. Needless to say, I was quite tired after all the traveling.

Mike and I had a great vacation and saw all kinds of great things. The best part of the trip was the end, when we saw Angkor Wat, the surrounding area, and many temples. It was absolutely amazing to see these treasures and to see that all the carving in the stone is still visible. The worst part of our trip was that on our last day, Mike got sick from the food and I followed hours later. By the time we landed in Tokyo, early Sunday morning, we both were feeling so bad. We spent the day recovering and all of this past week recovering. Don't think we will be eating Cambodian food ever again.

So I will post about each day of our trip and some pictures from each day. At the end, there will be the complete set of all the pictures. I recommend going through the Cambodian ones, as they are amazing. Here's a little treat:
The floating village: eating fresh pineapple and drinking beer!


Sunset on top of a mountain, 1st day at Angkor Wat


Sunrise on our last day at Angkor Wat

No comments:

Post a Comment