Saturday, May 22, 2010

Jet skiing on Thursday

Thursday morning came so quickly and soon it was time for our next activity. We had breakfast early, so as not to have our stomachs too full when it came to jet ski.

9am came and it was time to head out on the jet ski around the island. We only rented one and guess who got to drive...not me of course. ARG Another couple was with us as well as our guide, who we followed around. We both had never been on a jet ski before and Mike needed to get the hang of driving. He overcame that learning curve quick, as he started to have way too much fun going faster than need be. I would say that we were able to see the island in a new light as we zipped by it on the jet ski, but we were going soooo fast and I had to hold on, that we really didn't see much of the island! About half way around, we stopped off in a shallow area near and motu and our guide let us play in the water and cut some fresh fruit for us. The couple we met took our picture wiht the background and offered to email us the pictures, but we are yet to see them arrive in our inbox...if they do, then that picture will go here____
We continued on the tour and about 3/4 of the way around the island, our guide gave the signal allowing us a free for all...Mike took this opportunity to go as fast as he could and we had fun going fast and going in circles. The tour ended, but what to do with the rest of our day....

We headed to the pool, which was beautiful and had somewhat of a swim-up bar area. The bar wasn't in the pool, but there were seats in the water, where you could read, chat, enjoy drinks...whatever you wanted. We ordered fruity drinks and sat there in the water to enjoy them.

I got the house special, archipelgo, which came in a coconut, that was as big as my head. It was delicious as it was made with coconut ice cream, rum and some other stuff.

Mike had some blue drink, which also good. For the next couple of hours, we just lounged at the pool.

Later, before the sunset, we headed over to the sunset bar, which had a great view of the sunset while enjoying drinks. Mike and I had a drink first while watching the sunset and then ordered the sunset bar special for 2, which was 2 signature drinks and a sushi roll. Even in Bora Bora, we couldn't get away from the sushi. During the time while the sun was setting, a couple walked in and sat maybe, 10 feet away from us on the bar. I looked at them and was like, they look really familiar and then it hit me.....I was so excited, it was LeAnn Rimes and Eddie Cibrian. I actually recognized him first and then when I saw her, I knew it was them. I was so excited and told Mike, who didn't believe me. I had to explain who the guy was and told him he should really keep up with this stuff. I wanted to go take a picture, but Mike wouldn't let me and put the camera in his pocket. I would have tried to get it, but that may have been too much for the public! Not sure if anyone else recognized them, as no one bothered them. I guess they did appreciate the privacy, but come on, when do I ever get to see stars...Here is where I would I have put their picture ____



For dinner, we just had a pizza delivered for dinner since we were so tired. A lizzie showed up to watch us eat once the pizza got there. We also watched a movie and even in hot degree climates, Amanda still managed to get cold, so here she is with the entire comforter around her!

No comments:

Post a Comment