Monday, May 17, 2010

Saturday, the first one

We woke up thinking it was like 9am, but turns out it was only 7am. 7am seemed to be the stable time in which we would wake up. Not sure why especially since its vacation and we were suppose to sleep in, but waking up and looking outside the window, I was not bothered that it was that early. However, before I got to the window, I discovered one of our friends crawling across the sheet. I screamed and Mike had to come and kill it for me. Just a beetle, but still. Bug 1, bug catcher 0.

On the agenda today, well we really didn't have anything planned since we couldn't do any activities. All activites had to be booked at least 2 days in advance, so we were stuck to figuring out what do. We started the day with a great breakfast complete with fresh. Mike headed out to the local convenient store to pick up lots of water (and beer) and then we lounged at the pool.


Such a nice pool, with it cascading over the edge and just about into the ocean. Just leaning up against it was great as our view was that magical blue water!

The pool was great, but we needed to do something other than just laying around. Mike and I took the boat over to the hotel's private motu (island) and decided to snorkel around it to see the coral reef. The coral reef was suppose to be amazing, but there was no great way for us to get there other than swim or have a boat drop us off. So swimming we went, which was great until we had to manuveur around coral so we didn't get scratched. After swimming for what felt like forever, we finally started to see some great looking fish. We worked our way through various coral mounds and saw lots of cool fish. I don't know anything about fish, so i can't really tell you what we saw, but I can tell we saw lots and lots of sea urchins. Now I don't know why, but I think sea urchins are the coolest thing ever. Maybe its because they are black or black with spikes. Either way, I think they are the coolest thing to see, which of course, Mike laughed at me when I told him how excited I was. We finally made it around to the other side of the motu, but didn't have a great path to get out of the water. I was annoyed since Mike led us this way, so we ended up walking, in fins, over coral with the current coming in. Not the best thing to do, but we made it on shore. As we were walking back, we stumbled upon a crab mound, which was cool. Thankfully we had no pinchers on our toes.
Good snorkeling excursion, which also geared us up for the next one.

For dinner, we decided to try the hotel restaurant and found out it wasn't that great. We decided to find a local place for dinner the rest of the nights. And as we laid out on the beach, in the dark, looking up at the stars, we got to see the moon rise again over the bungalows and it was AMAZING, again.


night

No comments:

Post a Comment