Friday, June 24, 2011

Surf & Turf w/Sun Dried Tomato Butter

This week the kitchen and I were not close as I hardly stepped in it to make dinner. I was busy 2 of the 5 nights with prior commitments and Wednesday we went out to dinner for Mike's actual birthday.

What better day than Friday night to make a nice dinner and get back into the kitchen. On the menu:
Lamb Chops marinated in my special concoction
Sauted Shrimp
3-Bean Salad
Summer Pasta Salad
Dessert - Fresh Watermelon popsicles

The lamb chops were broiled in the oven while I sauted the shrimp on the stove. They were served with a sun dried tomato butter, which was fantastic. I personally love sun-dried tomatoes and after reading all the great reviews, I knew I had to make it. It has the tomatoes, garlic, parsley, almonds, lemon juice, corriander, cayenne, and butter, added after processing all the other ingredients. It tasted amazing and good on the lamb chops.
Dinner:




So, after spending a few hours at IKEA, and buying the popsicles molds, I just had to make some pops. Watermelon, fresh lime juice, some sugar, and presto! Here they are still freezing, but when they were done, they were good.


Dinner was great and we were both full. The sun dried tomato butter makes alot, which was fine with me. I used some of it on Saturday when I made myself a chicken sandwich.
Bon Appetit!

1 comment: