Thursday, June 9, 2011

Update on all things Tokyo

After I finally managed to write about our trip, I figured I should update you all on what's going on in Tokyo.

So raining season has started and as soon as its over, the highly anticipated hot and humid summer will begin...not looking forward to it.

I have accepted a new position with the women's group I joined as Director of Member of Activites. It should be easeir than what I currently do, but with slightly more work and I have to attend the board meeting. I officially take over in July, as the previous lady moved away, and will serve until next year.
This past weekend, my friends and I, put together a charity dog walk event called Sanpo (means walk in japanese) in the Park to raise funds for the animals who were left behind after the earthquake and tsunami. Our funds will be going to JEARS, a group who is actively in the area rescuing and caring for these dogs. It was such a great event and about 75 showed up and some of them with their dogs. The final amount raised is still being determined as donations are still coming in, but it looks like/about $2500...YAY.
Mike even came out to help, which I was thankful for.

As for Mike, he is very, very busy at work and has started coming home later than usual, which will be the staple for awhile. BOOO, but what can you do. His birthday is in 2 weeks, so that is exciting. He's turning 30.... I have a surprise birthday weekend planned for next weekend.

Other than that, things are fine here in Tokyo. No more consistent shakes or as much decreased lighting. We're doing well and we'll keep moving on!

No comments:

Post a Comment