Saturday, August 7, 2010

Ethiopia visits Amanda

Well, at least their food did. I went to our farmer's market and bought a whole bunch of vegetables this morning. I got this huge cabbage for 200 yen = $2. I didn't take a picture of the whole thing, but double this half and that was the size of it.



I figured I needed to make something with cabbage in it, so I looked for some recipes and via All Recipes, I found one. It was an Ethiopian dish, but just want I needed. I am trying to be more health conscious since we have slacked it the last couple of weeks and all veggie meals are definitely a way to do it. This recipe was great and called for 1/2 of a cabbage, onion, sliced carrots, sea salt, pepper, cumin, and tumeric. I didn't have tumeric, but a substitute is dry/ground mustard, which I had. Here is my dinner in the making.
The onions and carrots were sauted and I just added the cabbaged

Adding the potatoes...

The flavors all went well together and the aroma was amazing. I decided I needed some wine with dinner, but we only had red, so I went out to get some. Just my luck, I found a South African Chenin Blanc, so of course I bought it. (I realize wine isn't that healthy, but hey, it's Saturday night)


Here's my dinner for 1 because Mike is/was at a golf tournament. Bon Appetit....


It was African inspired night in Amanda's kitchen and it was good seeing as how my plate was clean.

1 comment:

  1. I am pretty sure that wine is a necessary part of every healthy diet.... At least that's what I tell myself :-) The meal looked great. YUM!

    ReplyDelete