Sunday, August 22, 2010

Hibiya Bon-dori festival

On Friday, my friend Jenn, invited us to join her at the Hibiya festival, as she said it is one of her favorite things to do here in Japan. We went and it was fun and definitely different from other things. In true Japanese fashion, there were stalls of food and drinks to be had, but the main attraction was all the people dancing around this fountain. And it wasn't just any dance, but choregraphed dances that people knew or didn't know. The women closest to the fountain were the experts and dressed in yukata.

The less experienced people (i.e., myself and my friend Casey) were at the way back!


After some food and drinks, I decided to try again with Jenn. This time we did much better.


Here is video of the dancing, so you get an idea of what was going on.


It was a fun event and I'm glad that Jenn told us about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment