Monday, February 14, 2011

Love is in the Air

and all the other Blah Blah Blah that goes along with it. As you all know, I strongly dislike this day, but can't seem to get away from it. I think I mentioned this last year, but I'll mention again...V-day in Japan is all about the boy and then 3/14 is "White Day" and all about the girl. Either day is just any other day...

However, I know my husband is going to buy me a card or something, so I figured I would do a little something for him. I must admit though, his gift was going to be a slice of NY Cheesecake, but by the time I was able to go get it, it was raining and getting colder. Needless to say, I wasn't leaving the house, so no cheesecake..shh don't tell him! I made him some goodies and a homemade dinner b/c if I have to recognize this day, I might as well be eating something good.

Here is our mini-candle light dinner: Parmesan crusted chicken with risotto and sauted zucchini.


And the goodies...chocolate chip cookies. I even tried to make some of them hearts, but they look funny. (Please note that Mike will probably eat 2 cookies and then I will probably eat the rest...no bueno.) Mike saw this and called me "cheesy," so much for my effort.


And to top it all off, I made everything in my pjs!!!! There's no need to dress up as we aren't going anywhere.

Anywho, enjoy the day, as I enjoy my dinner, cookies, wine, and then sleep from my food coma!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you knocked out the wine before dinner! Food looks great...I'll bet Mike loved it.

    ReplyDelete