Friday, February 11, 2011

Snow Day

in Japan...Not exactly what I expected when I saw it was going to rain all day, but definitely surprised when I started seeing the flurries falling from the sky.

When I first woke up, it was just raining with small flurries that hit the ground and became ice. As the day progressed the snow started coming down harder. Here's some pictures around noon time.



Today was also a national holiday, so Mike had the day off. We spend the day inside watching tv and keeping warm. He was also sick, so we kept warm separately since I didn't want to get sick. The snow kept coming and I was in awe, literally. Here's my take around 3pm.



I realize our snow day is nothing like the snow storms most of you received over the last 2 weeks, but I'll take any snow I can get. I also realize most of you would trade places with me so as not to deal with the snow, and I'm willing to make that trade; however, be advised that walking around in the rain even with an umbrella isn't fun either.

Yay for snow...now time to snuggle some more before bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment