Monday, September 19, 2011

Margarita Saturday

Oh yes...we had margarita Saturday the weekend after we returned from our trip.

So I make margs using limeade, which is simple. There is no limeade here and a cheap substitute just wasn't going to cut it. NO bueno. So we made them the old fashioned way, squeezing sh****t loads of limes to get little liquid, which we added to the tequila and contreau and a little lime syrup.

Mike and I made a first batch for when our guests arrived, but they were still a bit tart, so we made some adjustments. Finally, we got the amounts of each correct:
1 shot of lime syrup
2 shots of lime juice
3 shots of contreau
4 shots of tequila

Lorena and I after a few margs....



Making another batch....

Our guests


So after countless margs and munchies, it was time for bed. Oh, we all had a good time, but those margs kicked my ass in the morning. I couldn't walk, my head hurt so much. I've stayed away from the margs since....
HOWEVER, I've decided that next time (yes, there will a next time), that I'll make the dinner so we have food to coat the stomach and hopefully reduce the hangover.

No comments:

Post a Comment