Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Brisket, the home-made kind

So we have both been MIA for a bit, but not sure why. I was gone for 1.5 week and Mike had a golf tourney. Nothing much else is going on here, other the temperature and humidity increasing!

On sunday, I decided to try cooking this brisket that I had in the freezer. Now, I've never cooked a brisket before, but it was Sunday and everyone should have a good sunday night meal, right? Well, one of the pots we received as a wedding gift is a nice slow cooker that I can stick in the oven, which is great. I lathered up my hunk of meat with a BBQ spice rub and some extra things, on both sides, put it in this pot with some beef broth and into the oven for the next 4 hours. The aromas in casa Miles were getting stronger by every hour as we checked it and made sure it was cooking nicely. After about 4 hours in the oven, it was ready to eat and boy did we eat. Now it wasn't my mom's brisket which tastes yummy, or our friend Jeff's, who really slow cooks it overnight and checks on it every hour, which is also yummy, but for my first one, I thought it was delish!



Also, while we were having dinner, Mike noticed this random hotel guest doing who knows what. Mike sits facing the balcony, so he got a show. When I turned around to see, I was quite surprised. Here is when the guy decided to put a shirt on...And yes, I did take a picture of this, but from inside where he couldn't see me!


So here is to sunday night dinner minus random window shows, may they be enjoyed by everyone. What were you eating on Sunday night? And if it wasn't good, you should work on that!

3 comments:

  1. It's hard to tell...but is that man missing his pants?!?! Haha. Your brisket looks amazing, well done Amanda!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes he is missing his pants and prior to my shot, he didn't have a shirt on...crazy people stay in that hotel, no bueno

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good lookin' brisket. I'm impressed. Seriously though we could open a good ole fashioned Texas BBQ joint in Japan and I bet it would do well.

    ReplyDelete