Sunday, June 27, 2010

Showa no Mori



Golfing is an all day event here, which can be good and bad. I have decided its both, but this is just the way the Japanese do it. So I joined this meet-up group, Tokyo women golfers, to meet some more women and hopefully practice this game, I can't seem to get a hold of. Well, the site developer, Laura, has played with Mike and full of all kinds of information. She also loves to golf and coincidentally is from Houston. So she scheduled a 4some outing for Saturday and I joined. I was scared and even hoped that it would rain since I am no means good, but it didn't.

I left the house at 6:05 am, yes you saw correctly, to meet her by 6:50 and then take our train. We finally arrived at the golf course, Showa no Mori before 8am and Laura showed us how to do everything. We checked in, got our lockers, changed into our shoes and then found our clubs, which I shipped to the place. We had a 8:42am tee time and we were good to go. I started out well and had some good shots. In order to keep with the pace of play, we did some scrambles, which I was thankful for. We finished around 11 and it was time for lunch, which we had an hour for. Then we started the back 9 at 12:15. We finally finished around 2:30/45ish and then settled the shipment of clubs back home. Next was the onsen, which everyone does since you can't go home filthy. I finally made it back home at 5:30pm and boy was I exhausted. It was a whole day affair, which I don't like. However, I do like the stopping to have lunch, probably b/c I like food!
here is a group shot of us...Chohi, Naomi, me, Laura



Since I was exhausted, I all I wanted to do for the rest of the evening was lay on the couch and be a bum, but that didn't happen. Our friend, Angie Lee, was in town visiting for the weekend, so we went out to meet her for dinner and drinks. It was fun, but I'm glad I have all of today to recover and be a bum.

No comments:

Post a Comment