Tuesday, June 22, 2010

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MIKE

Today Mike is officially another year old. We celebrated on Saturday doing a variety of things, as Tuesdays aren't really good days for birthday celebrations especially when time is limited after work. Mike and I started out his celebration by going to the golf bar and playing a round of 18. good fun. Then we headed to dinner with some colleagues. Mike had to pick the Mexican restaurant, Junkadelic, and I couldn't complain b/c it wasn't my birthday. It was fun and afterwards, everyone came back to the apartment to watch the Japan soccer and continue the party!


Now the festivities will continue today as its his actual birthday. I am sure he is anxious to open his gifts, which I brought back with me from my trip home, as they have been sitting in the closet. For dinner, I am making Mike's favorites and he asked for steak, mashed potatoes, and I am adding broccoli, since we need a veggie. As most of you know, Mike is not a fan of sweets, so there may or may not be cake especially since he will only eat one slice. I'll post some pictures of everything tomorrow!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY HONEY!!!
Here is the birthday spread ready for Mike to come home. I couldn't find any birthday banners that weren't $20, so I made one instead!


With the birthday spread and gifts


So I ended up getting the the cake part of birthday. I bought 3 individual slices: cheesecake, chocolate cheesecake, and mocha cake and put 29 candles on them. Mike had to blow them out fast or we may have had a fire on our hands!

1 comment:

  1. Happy (late) Birthday Mike!!! Hope you had a great one!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would've requested the brisket for the birthday dinner. it looked delicious!

    ReplyDelete