Monday, January 24, 2011

Luncheon and Hacking

Oh what a Wednesday I had. Stupid hackers. As most of you know, I was hacked on Wednesday as my email address sent out a very poorly written email stating my distress and need for money. Thank you to everyone who informed me of the problem. I did receive funny replies from some of you and appreciated it. If the hacking had happened any other day, I would have been fine, but it happened on the day of the monthly luncheon, which I am in charge of and needed to be there early to ensure it went smoothly. Plus, it was my first luncheon as manager and it was being held as the first event in a new facility. UGH. Anywho, I worked everything out, so you should be receiving emails from just me, but it does take me like 5 minutes to log into anything that requies a password because I had to change every single one.

On to the luncheon...It actually turned out really well and I was glad we had such a good attendance. For this position, I have a Japanese partner/co-manager who helps me out. I think we are going to work wonderfully together, especially since our first luncheon went smoothly. Our job is to take care of reservations, payment for the luncheon, checking in and distributing menu cards, as well as informing the catering people on the amount/number of plates. Its a job that suits my personality well, especially because you have to be a stickler about certain things, which as you all know, I can certainly do!
Luncheon events are socializing, lunch, followed by some sort of lecture or performance, which has some cultural component to it. For this month, our coordinators asked the Hanayagi brothers from the famous dance academy in Tokyo to come and perform for us. I had never seen this form of dance and was very excited about the program. It was actually really good and one of those things that I wouldn't do/see by myself, especially since Mike isn't into certain arts. Anywho, it was a great program.

Here is a video of the brothers dancing. Its a bit far, but you get the picture. The video is about 1 minute long, so you can see more more than just a quick snipit of it.



Yay for the luncheon being over and it going so well. BOOOOOO, plus lots of other words, to the hacker in Egypt who caused me unnecessary grief.

No comments:

Post a Comment