Thursday, January 20, 2011

Roast Chicken

There are always culinary excursions in my kitchen, just because. So on Sunday I decided to roast a whole chicken in our oven. I have never roasted a whole chicken before and figured there wasn't much to it. I did check out a few recipes on how to do it and mixed them together. I started out with rubbing butter on the chicken, followed by the seasoning mix I conjured up and then stuffing the inside with onion, garlic, bay leaf, and thyme.


Of course I had to hold it up by its legs for fun, even though I look some what scary in the picture.


Next it went into the oven and started roasting. Our oven actually has a roasting setting, which is great and it only took about 45 minutes to an hour to cook. Some recipes said it would take longer, but we're glad it didn't. During the cooking process, I constantly basted the chicken, so it would stay moist especially since Mike very clearly stated he did not want dry chicken.

Here I am taking it out of the oven.


The finished product, before we hacked into it.


Our table setting with the chicken in multiple pieces along with cauliflower, green beans, and of course, the wine!


Bon appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment