Monday, January 17, 2011

Shinjuku and Izakaya

On Tuesday, Greg and Julie went out to venture the city. They did quite alot, but then we all met up for dinner. We went to Shibuya, another large, lights galore area, with the biggest crossing. Julie and Greg picked a great place, Tengu, an izakaya place to eat at. It's basically Japanese tapas and we all ordered some good stuff except for the cream cheese that Greg ordered! After dinner, we headed to the bar for a few after dinner drinks!



On Wednesday, I joined Julied and Greg on a tour of Shinjuku, which is an area around Tokyo. I don't like to go to Shinjuku because it scares me. Here are some facts and reasons why:
- the largest train station in the world
- 3.6 Million people use this station in 1 day
- the architecture in and around the station is amazing

I actually liked the tour and was glad I joined them. I'm not as scared to go there, and have been there like three times before, but with very strict and direct directions. I think I'll take a personal tour one of these days and see what else there is.
Here are some pictures of the buildings and for any architecture gurus, you should definitely come and see this area.




Anywho, on Thursday, Greg and Julie left for the next part of their. We were glad they came to visit and hope they enjoyed themselves.

1 comment:

  1. Amanda - Julie and I had an absolutely fantastic time...thanks to you two. Come see us anytime!

    ReplyDelete