Wednesday, July 20, 2011

All Bets PAID, finally

Mike and I bet on the outcome of March Madness, which this year, ended up being who picked the best. As usual, I managed to pick better than Mike, HAHHAHAHA!

So if I won, Mike had to make me dinner, as I am always cooking and it's nice when someone else does it for you. Some how or other, the date to make me dinner kept getting pushed back and excuse after excuse kept coming from his. This is one of those situations where I know he did not listen to a word I said because I had mentioned numerous times after the date was pushed that he could just take me out to a nice dinner, especially since I would probably get that before him in the kitchen. DID NOT listen to me, until finally it managed to stay between his ears and in his head.

Mike finally did some research and picked an Italian restaurant with a great view. This past Monday, as it was a holiday, we went to Belvedere to have dinner. They only do course menus, which was fine with us. After the first 3 courses, Mike said it was similar to being in Italy where your main dish doesn't come until 2-3 hours later. I would not know, though I do hope to visit Italy one day.

So out of the 8 courses, this was my favorite. The 1st pasta, which was lobster with spaghetti and fresh tomatoes. YUM


Next, I just had to take a picture...this was my entree, the fish option and as an added bonus, I got the fins!


Finally, the end of the meal and this restaurant won my heart. ICE CREAM CAKE!!!!



Everything was delish and glad we went there. Now we only went to this place, because the interest on not paying up had increased over the last couple of months. Definitely glad I charged interest and it made a difference. And here's the view, overlooking Ginza from the 41st floor.


NOW, my only advice, is if you make a bet with Mike, make sure he is around to pay up though, I don't think this has happened with anyone else. Maybe it's just me, he doesn't like to pay up to because it means I WIN!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment