Friday, July 22, 2011

Super food dinner!

Another kitchen adventure from the cookbook, Super Natural Everyday by Heidi Swanson. If you don't know about her, check her out, as her website is amazing, www.101cookbooks.com.

My friend Jennifer lent me her copy of the cookbook while she is away and I just had to make something. As it's summer and super hot here, I figured light and delicious would be best. I opted for the "Summer Squash Soup" and the "Stuffed Tomatoes" I realize that it's an odd pairing for dinner, but whatever, I had no complaints.

The soup was veggie broth and coconut based with a bit of thai red chili paste for the kick. It was actually very good and glad I could use my farmer's market veggies in it. Here's the finished product which gets topped with some fried tofu "croutons"


Now the tomatoes, which turned out well. The tomatoes are stuffed with a mixture of herbs, some of the tomato pulp, yogurt, and couscous. I had to cut the recipe for just us, but will deifnitely make it again.

Before the baking:


After the baking...oops, I over filled them


So dinner turned out great and Mike actually liked it, which is a plus. Mike's only comment about the whole meal "there isn't any meat!" I think I'll make the tomatoes again, but use it as a side. Happy eating!

1 comment:

  1. I just checked out the website....I LOVE IT. I will definitely try out some of her recipes. Thanks for sharing ;0)

    ReplyDelete