Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Free Sakura Tea

Today was the 3rd annual Sakura celebration at Tokyo Midtown. They have had many event over the last week, which will continue through the rest of this week or until all the cherry blossoms fall off the trees. In honor of it being their 3rd annual festival, they were giving away FREE Sakura tea at noon today. I told the girls we should go and we did. We all met there before 12 and were some of the lucky 500 people to receive free tea. Here are the girls in kimono giving away our sakura tea!

They were nice to pose for a picture.

After our free tea, we walked around Tokyo Midtown, had lunch, and then it was time for tea hour. We decided to get some pastries and go sit out by the Sakura Cafe to enjoy them. I love the Sakura Cafe. It is a white truck that sells food inspired by sakura and has tables and chairs set up all around it for people to enjoy. To go with our desserts, we each tried the Sakurapolitan. Here is mine

I got a mini chocolate cake that had easter eggs on top of it, which is what sold me on it and paired it with my cosmo. Now, the first sip of the sakurapolitan was not good and tasted like robitussin, yes the cough syrup. However, after letting the ice melt a bit and stirring it around, the taste got much better. And, it wasn't because I was drunk...I only had 1.

It was a fun afternoon and I am looking forward to this weekend when I go to the Hanami party, which is a party for viewing flowers. You get to take your picnic, blanket, and enjoy the sun as well as flowers with your food and booze. It last like 5 hours, so let's hope I don't over do it, especially since Mike will be golfing and I will be making some new gaijin friends! Here are some more cherry blossoms

1 comment: