Thursday, March 25, 2010

Sunday...Toals last day/night in Tokyo

Today was another day full of adventures. We had breakfast courtsey of Amanda's kitchen in which I made bacon, egg, & cheese muffin (similar to McD) with fruit and juice or coffe or tea. Breakfast was good and then we headed out to go see the Tokyo Giants play the Yokohama ____ (i don't remember)

We got to the Tokyo Dome, which looks alot like the Astrodome in Houston. We saw that everyone was carrying food and drinks into the park, which is something that never happens back home. Apparently, it is ok if you bring in your own food and drinks as long as you throw away the trash when you are done. While the boys searched for tickets, Claudia and I were off to find some food and guess what they wanted.... McDonald's because all the Japanses were carrying Mc.D bags full of cheeseburgers. So we found one and it was ridiculous and very hot, but we managed to get our food. I wanted a cheeseburger, but had to order filet-o-fish, even Claudia felt sorry for me. We walked into the stadium and it was full, FULL. This was only a pre-season game, but I could have sworn all the Japanese were there.
The game started and the Yokohama fans were definitely outnumbered. The first 4-5 innings were great and then the game got boring because the 2nd and 3rd string players came in as well as 50million pitcher changes. I lost interest.



After the game we walked around the area and tried to get on the roller coaster, but the line was super long, so we said forget about it. We came home and got ready for dinner. As a last dinner in Tokyo, we took the Toals to Gonpachi, the restaurant that inspired the scene in Kill bill, vol. 1, where Uma and Lucy Lui were fighting. Surprisingly enough, there were options for me to order and eat; however, my dear husband ordered all the delicious meat skewers that I wanted to have and he enjoyed them.

The next set of meat skewers came and I had to smell the aroma before Mike devoured them...they did smell really good.

As you can see, we were all enjoying dinner, though I think Claudia was enjoying it more than Jimmy since she looks excited

I definitely enjoyed dinner and have determined that Mike needs more sweaters. This grey sweater is in quite a few pictures lately. Don't get me wrong, I like it and picked it, but definitely needs more sweaters. He says he likes it alot b/c its super comfortable and I tell him its b/c its made from cotton and cashmere.


After dinner, we came back home and watched a movie. The Toals left on Monday midday and we saw them off on the bus. We hope they had a good time since we did and we hope that the huge bottle of sake that Jimmy took back with him, made it safely and didn't break!

3 comments: