Sunday, November 28, 2010

Thanksgiving in Japan

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Hope everyone had an enjoyable holiday weekend. Mike and I celebrated Thanksgiving here on Saturday since everyone works on Thanksgiving. Either way, it was still Thanksgiving and it was lots of fun. Our friends Jenn and John invited us over to their house for lunch. It was so nice to spend the holiday with friends and make it feel as if we were back home.

So our Thanksgiving was potluck style. I decided to make mashed potatoes since I love them and they are a stable for this day. Well, Jenn mentioned we were going to have any stuffing and I couldn't let that happen since that is another stable. I under took the task of making stuffing, which I've never done before. Here is finished product before it went into the oven. I used a recipe from Epicurious which was a "sausage, cranberry, pecan dressing." I made the whole recipe and didn't realize how much it was going to make, which ended up being 2 of these. It was good though and I'm proud of doing it.


Here is the turkey and our friend John, the turkey chef! I tried to capture this picture before he starting cutting, but you get the idea. We had a bird!


And of course no Thanksgiving isn't complete without the dessert. We had pumpkin pie, a cheese tart thing, a pear tart, and cookies.


It was such a fun day and I'm so thankful for all our new friends we've made here, whom we celebrated with. I'm also thankful for my family, all our old friends, and of course, my wonderful husband Mike, who still puts up with my shenanigans and quirks.

No comments:

Post a Comment