Thursday, January 14, 2010

Arrival of our Air Shipment

Today our shipment of Houston is scheduled for delivery at 9am. The Japanese are very prompt here, so naturally they showed up a few minutes early. My goal is to understand what they are telling me, so let's see how that goes. In anticipation of the arrival of all my stuff, I woke up early to be prepared for the long day of unpacking. However, today is actually a nice day in Japan with the sun shining and no wind. So of course I would be stuck inside doing things. Maybe the weather and I will sync up soon.





I can hear the truck outside, making loud noises. Let's hope nothing is broken, but if it is, good ole Exxon is paying for the replacements, so I don't feel so bad!



Well all the stuff is inside and out of boxes. nothing is broken, so that is good thing. However, I did manage to bring too much stuff with me. I refuse to say that Mike (insert 2 words Mike likes to hear) __ ___ about bringing so much stuff, so I'll let you say it!

At the end of the day, here is the score

Japanese language - 2

Amanda - 1

Delivery man - 1
Here are the boxes of our stuff. Some of the boxes you can't even see. YIKES

2 comments:

  1. yeah! the extra "stuff" will just help you feel like it's really your home! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Unpacking! Mike shouldn't be suprised you brought a lot of things... but who says they're extras! You might need them all. =) -- Ashley

    ReplyDelete