Saturday, January 23, 2010

Friday night

It was suppose to a German food night, but there was an event at the restaurant and they didn't let us in. So we walked around my favorite named area "Shimbashi" to locate another food establishment. It was like 8:00pm and I was hungry, so we needed to find a place quick. We picked Bierre 86 (i think that's its name) and had some dinner. It was definitely traditional Japanese food. The menu was not in English and they sent over the only guy who spoke some English to help us out. We ordered a variety of things: sausages, fried eggplant, rice, and fried fish, and of course beer. When I ordered the fish, I thought it would be filleted and just a piece, but turns out it wasn't.

They gave me the whole fish, head, eyes, body, tails, and gills. Definitely not what I expected and was a bit hesitant to eat it. Turns out I had to take all the bones out as well. Again, didn't think I had to work to eat my food, but I had some help from Mike's work colleague, Wayne, who took out the spine and most of the bones. He also ate the head and part of the spine. Here is what my fish looked like after we were done. And it was very good.

We also had some sashimi, which is another entree that is growing on me. It did look pretty and I ate some, so kudos for me.
After dinner we went to karaoke, which was fun. Here is Miguel and Wayne singing to a song, but I can't remember which one.

Funny thing about the karaoke is that the tv background or video that is playing has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with the song that is being sung. For instance, we picked Friends in Low Places, such a great song to sing, but the background, which is a bit hazy was of a motorcycle.

Even when Mike was doing his rendition of Ice Ice Baby, the background did not match. Yes you read that correctly. His picture is blurry because he was trying to move to it as he sang.


The only song that remotely had a video that matched, was one of the songs that I picked. The dancing wasn't exact, but at least they were dancing. Good job to me. Mike hates this song for some reason and I'm not really sure why, but I love it. If you can't read it, it says "digging the Dancing Queen"

No comments:

Post a Comment