Tuesday, January 19, 2010

I have the bestest friends/Bad Sake

I woke up this morning to another great email from my friends and it just made my day. I start my day off with either tea or coffe, check email, facebook, maybe make some calls, and then decide what I am going to do for the day. But today, my day is even better because of the funny story I read that Kara told me. Last week, my friend Devon, also sent me an email, which made me laugh and made the rest of the day that much better. So thank you friends for thinking of me and all of you keep those funny emails coming.

On another note, I realized that I forgot to write about the lotus root and sake. Well, I didn't make the lotus root that night, but I did cut it up into pieces and saute it with olive oil. It made it into our salad yesterday evening and it was good. Here's a tip for sauting it: don't forget to stir because then it starts to carmelize and it is like breakfast potatoes! In a comment below, Libby stated lotus root is not good, but it really is. However, she is the only person I know that has spent waaaayyyy too much time in Asia than the States and probably has had lotus root in a variety of ways and based her opinion on that. Guess you all will have to try it to make your own decision. As for the green bottle of sake, NEVER buy that when you are here. It was AWFUL and really did look like potion when I poured it into my sake cup. It was a creamy color and looked/tasted like milk water (see below). Definitely not what sake is suppose to look or taste like. Needless to say, I will not be buying that bottle again or finishing it. Good thing it was only 500 yen and probably the reason for it looking/tasting so badly!

No comments:

Post a Comment