Monday, April 26, 2010

Grande Biere

was a weekend event in which 60+ beer breweries were sampling their beer. The majority of them were Japanese, but not your typical Kirin, Sapporo, or Asahi beers. I just stumbled upon the advertisement for this when looking at this other website about Japan restaurants. Mike and I thought it would be fun to go and it sure was. It wasn't rowdy by any means and quite calm, actually. Included in the entrance fee was a glass that was filled with beer. It was in 2 adjacent halls and we sampled more than half of their beers. Great they had set up were water jugs stands, where you could wash you glass out. I loved this place because some of the beer was too sweet tasting and I could not finish it, so out it went.

We started in Hall A and tried to make our way around the room before moving to the next hall. We started with the following breweries.

Here we are after receiving our first sampling!

Mike with one of many dark beers today...this one was the Coriander Black


We got through half of Hall A and then moved to Hall B. I preferred Hall B beers better because they were not as sweet. Mike and I would even share sips of tastes to decide if we wanted to try that one or move on to another one. I am not a beer drinker by any means, but did manage to try alot of dark beer like:
Kinshachi Beer Imperial Stout
Harvestmoon Schwartz (black coffee aroma)
Anchor Bock Beer & Porter

Mike tasted some interesting ones as well:
Yokohama Beer, Dragon Splash
Kobushi-hana Beer Belgium White
Fujizakura Heights Beer, Chocolate wheat

And just for my friend Shana, I tried the Hitachino Nest Beer Sorachi Gold. I couldn't resist especially because of the owl!


With the last tasting of the event before we left. I had the Tanzawa no Shizuku Honey Beer and Mike had the Minami Shinshu Beer Porter. I really liked mine and it was a great beer to end with!


really great event. I was very surprised at how much the Japanese were tasting, especially the women since they are tiny. We did manage to see a few drunk girls and NO, I wasn't one of them! There will be another event like this in Sept. in yokohama, so we may just have to attend!

1 comment: