Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy Easter

Today was a good day. It's Easter and lent is officially over. Mike and I went to church early and then had brunch. After brunch, this park right by the restaurant and church were celebrating sakura, so we stopped.
I am happy to report that I can eat meat again and that Mike went the entire Lenten period without drinking a beer, which is why he is super excited in this picture (it was also cold)!


The park also had these drummers playing and they were really good


Something I had never seen before was the smashing of white rice into a dough, but today I got to see it and help. And yes, I am still in my church clothes. GO ME!!!




Later in the afternoon, we tried to see more sakura around the Imperial palace, but didn't have much luck. These were the only good looking trees there, so we came home


The weather took a turn for the worse today as it was heavily overcast and not a great day to walk around and see these flowers. We did manage to take one picture together with the sakura, which is right outside our apartment

Easter was fun and we definitely indulged today. We had pepperoni pizza and beer for dinner and it was gooood! Tomorrow its back to the healthy eating.
Happy Easter.

No comments:

Post a Comment