Saturday, February 6, 2010

1 Month Mark

Today I have officially been in Japan for 1 month, oh how the time goes by so fast. It was only 4 short weeks ago that I was getting off a plane feeling miserable, burning up, and desperately trying to avoid coughing as I past the quarantine area at the airport. I spent the next week in doors to get better. Then the next week came and I started Japanese lessons. And then it was time for cooking school. I have been a busy bee! In my month here, here is what I have learned/observed/liked/disliked, etc:

- my nose, hands, and toes will always be cold b/c we don't have central heating, but heating in every room and its always cold in our
- I still can't get use to difference in fashion sense as mouth still drops when I see a girl in a very, very mini skirt with tights and high boots.
- I spend alot of time alone, so it's a good thing I know how to entertain myself
- learning the language is hard especially the characters, don't know what they were thinking when they developed it
- when I try to practice my Japanese, all the japanese people laugh at me, but I don't care as I continue to try
- I don't feel bad when I stare back at people with mean/awkward faces because they are looking at me the same way
- my video game playing skills are improving!
- drinking sake and beer in the same night is not a good idea as it gives me a slight twinge of a headache the next morning. Its just like the no beer/alcohol order.
- talking to my mom on skype is an adventure in itself, but she mastered calling sooner than I thought, so that's a good thing
- walking uphill to get to our apartment in the cold or after many beers is not so fun...on the bright side, my legs better look damn good after we leave this place
- I enjoy not having to drive, especially in traffic
- it's a good thing I am not people phobic or claustrophobic because it gets up close and closer when in the trains or subways during peak hours
- I wear my red coat whenever I go out to be different and bright because everyone else is always in black, gray or brown. I love black, but not a sea of black, so I use red.

No comments:

Post a Comment