Thursday, February 25, 2010

The Charming Sale

The sun was out and I was not going to stay in at all especially since I missed out on enjoying it Monday when I was still sick. I am basically better even though there is a bit of congestion left.

Becky, another ex-pat wife, who likes to get out and go, and I were going to paint Tokyo red. On monday, she went to meet another friend of ours, Zana, in Yokohama and stumbled upon the "Charming sale." It hadn't started yet, so we decided to go today. "the Charming Sale" is a big sale that is held in Motomachi along Motomachi street. The entire street is closed off as all the shops have everything on sale and have stuff out on the sidewalk. The pre-sale street is where we found some great stuff for really cheap. Becky and I both found cute rings. Then we found this great clothing store that had cute stuff for 1050 yen. I bought a cute purple dress and leggings. Becky found me these cute black leggings that have a bow at the end of them on the back. I know it sounds odd, but you can hardly tell it's there and the bow isn't obnoxious. I don't do obnoxious or bows, so you have to know it's subtle. Then we walked onto the main street, where the majority of the shops are pricy, but it was still fun to walk down it and see what they had to offer.

I took some great pictures of the both of us and of some of our fellow shoppers. However, I lost those pictures, so sorry. One of the stores Becky and I found was named "wood and pecker." Don't find many stores named "wood and Pecker," so I got a picture of it. We walked in to check it out, but nothing resembled anything to do with wood or pecker. It was a women's clothing store, but didn't have great stuff. It was funny though!

We continued walking around and finally decided to come back home around 4. It was a long day of shopping, but well worth it. The sale ends this weekend, so I'm glad we got to go during the week, before it gets more crowded this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment