Thursday, February 11, 2010

Sake #2

I continue my quest of sake and this is bottle #2 that we actually bought. I have had sake a couple of times in between this one and the awful first bottle, but they were at restaurants or bars, so I don't know anything about them. We purchased this bottle at the liquor store and had no idea what it said other than the name!

Here I am getting the cups and mini carafe ready to start the heating process. We picked up this set back in May when we took a trip down to Hiroshima/Kyoto/Nara. The carafe has the famous torii (shrine gate) that looks like it floats on water during high tide, painted on it.

Sake is suppose to be warm, so I had to heat it up. From what we have read, this is the way to heat it up. It is suppose to get to a 104F and then its ready to drink. Good thing I bought a thermometer with our wedding gift cards and brought it with me. Mike put it in to check the temperature.

And we had success. Kompai!


This one was more successful than the last bottle seeing as how it is actually clear! It really didn't have a flavor I could pin point. It definitely tasted better hot. As it started to cool, it wasn't as good, but I still drank it. I think I am on the right track!
Now for Mike's thoughts...
It tasted sweet and it's better when it's nice and warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment