Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Sunday at Odaiba

Sunday Mike and I spent the day at Odaiba, a man made island about 30 minutes from where we live. We took the monorail, which goes in a loop and under the rainbow bridge here. It was cool since we would look out the window and see the drivers driving by on the road. Here are some pictures of the water and bridge as we headed there.



While there we had lunch at this turkey place, which was good, as you can see. Mike nabbed the camera as I was enjoying my turkey leg!

We, I mean I, did some shopping while there. I found some cute scarves for $5 and bought a red and gray one. Then I also found a really, really cute white winter coat, which was great and on sale. YAY. While shopping, I saw this sign at one of the stores and thought it was great. They really want you to buy when its on sale, so happy price!

This place even has a statue of liberty and a great view.



While there we visited 3 floors of an arcade and a place where you can test your strength against various athletic tests. It was cool. Mike and I also went to the National Museum of Emerging Science and Innovation where they had a special exhibit on food. Of course we went to see it and learned quite a few things. We also enjoyed the rest of the science museum. Mike was bummed that the little kids didn't let him play with all the cool stuff! After we left the museum, we were walking back to catch the train and stumbled upon Snoopy the Smurf. Unfortunately, even this statue is taller than me. RATS.

As we kept walking, we walked past this hippo outside a building. This building was not a zoo, so we weren't sure what was going on. Never a dull moment in Tokyo.

This place is great and has many other things to see, but we didn't have enough time.

No comments:

Post a Comment