Sunday, February 7, 2010

Little Texas

"Little Texas" was little, space wise, but definitely big when it came to Texas spirit. Here is Mike and I outside next to the sign before going in. Isn't it great!

Our friends, Wayne and Becky, along with their neighbor Kiko, took us, as they really enjoy country music. I was quite impressed with all the decor that reflected Texas in its best including the "lone star" beer cans and bottles, UT fan items, budlight 6-packs (which Mike did think about stealing!), TX license plates, and of course all the country music you could want. NO country bar is complete without this sign!

The band was great and the lead singer could definitely get the pitches and accents on certain words from songs. It was so funny and good. If you didn't know the words to the songs, you never would have known what he was saying. Good thing I like country music and know the words, as I was singing along!

Now the Japanese are cute when it comes to country music. They were all decked out in their Western gear, from cowboy hats to big belt buckles to cowboy boots. Most of them even had a bottle of whiskey at their table, which they were drinking with water. They love to line dance, to every song and most of the line dances look the same, but they don't care.


Now I like line dancing, so I got out there with Becky and Kiko, as well as everyone else and line danced. Now I had some trouble at first because the steps were not the steps I know from traditional line dancing, but I got them and had no problem. Here are some pictures of me dancing with my new Japanese country friends!


After line dancing, we took a picture with the lead singer, Tony, Becky, Kiko, and I. Mike only took one and unfortunately my eyes are close, but oh well. Kiko, is only 12 years old, and they let her in the bar. So one for Japanese culture!

Now since it was a bar, they had Texas select beer and of course, I couldn't pass it up, so here is my texas select beer. It was good, very similar to Mich Ultra, with only 58 calories. yay more me!


At the end of the night, I was as happy as I could be, getting a good Texas fix. This place was great and definitely a place we will go back to. Downside, there is a cover and its expensive. Upside, the BBQ ribs were good and we got a free coors light t-shirt, too bad I don't like coors light. All my Texas loving friends would love this place and love how much these people love Texas.

Here's to saying good night and y'all come back now, you here!

2 comments:

  1. Texas Select!?!?! No Fat, No Cholesterol??!!? What is this strange brew. I must find it....jealous, once again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just laughed out loud at the pictures of you line dancing with your new Japanese friends. It is just too funny! I'm also intrigued by this Texas Select....

    ReplyDelete