Monday, February 8, 2010

Super Bowl Monday Morning

I realize it doesn't have the same ring as Superbowl Sunday, but that is when I watched the game here!

Before I tell you all the details, I have to say what a wonderful husband I have. He loves football and would probably have loved to watch the game, but had to work. He was supportive of me going to the bar to watch the game and even called me at halftime to see if I was having fun. So once again, here's to Mike, for being a wonderful husband!

So the game. I made a reservation at Legends in Roppongi, which is a bar that shows a lot of American sports. There were signs saying "bar opens at 7:30am, game on at 8:15am." Naturally I did not arrive on time because being at the bar at 7:30am is a bit much. What respectable, married woman gets to a bar that early without her husband and in a red coat. Well that would be I, around 7:50am in all smiles. :)
I was assigned a seat and a gentleman was already sitting there, Mr. Williams. I made friends with him and we chatted. So part of the reservation included American breakfast and 2 drink coupons (yes, I had to pay for this at a set price). I started out with a screwdriver and the American breakfast, which was good. It had some scrambled eggs, 2 slices of bacon and sausage links, baked beans, croissant, roll, a few tater tots, and a hashbrown square (like the McDonald's kind, including the grease). I figured if I was going to start drinking so early, I might as well coat my stomach with grease, so I ate it and the rest of the breakfast. 2 more men joined our table, so it was now me and 3 Japanese men. funny how that happens.

The game was about to start and all the tvs were on, as everyone was waiting. I was cheering for the Saints and it was a good things because the majority of the bar was as well. So the game starts and I was so excited and then it was commercial time, where I was bummed. I didn't get to see any of them. I can only hope there were some decent ones. 1st half was good and we are waiting for the 2nd half to start. it does and here is shot of the bar right after the Saints scored at the beginning of the 3rd quarter. Mr. Williams is the guy in the bottom right of the picture.

Here is when the Colts scored right after that. Not as excited except that girl in front.

Now a little song: "every party has a rooper (not pooper) and that's this guy (in black shirt, cap backwards, standing on the bar)! This is right after that lovely interception to take the game.

This guy was a hoot, but made it fun. And of course here is one at the end of the game. yay SAINTS.


The game was over and it was time to go home. Excited that I got to see it and even more excited that is was a good game. I realize some of you may be thinking, gosh, what a mean girl to go watch the Superbowl while Mike has to work. Well, since I had the rest of the day open, I was a good wifey and did laundry, even folding it and putting it away, and had dinner ready for Mike when he got home. So, see I am not all that mean!

No comments:

Post a Comment