Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Happy Birthday Bailey!!!!


Today is Bailey's 3rd birthday and unfortunately I can't be there to celebrate with her, but I did her send a nice treat to make up for it. I realize she isn't going to know that I sent it, but at least she will get to enjoy it. I sent her a birthday cake in the shape of a bone, which is super cute.
Here is one of the last pictures Mike and I took with her before we left STL to come back to Houston and get ready for the move. Jan (Mike's mom) had to take a couple of pictures because she would not sit still, but then again, Bailey never really liked to sit still when people were around.

However, I did manage to get her and Murphy to sit still long enough to take this picture!

Then we went out to play in the snow, which Bailey is getting use to.



Below is a great picture of Bailey, as you can see, she is just like Mike. She steals the control and then falls asleep while watching tv! Before I had to give her away, I decided it was ok if she sat on the couch, since she was never allowed to. After I let her do it once, I would come out of the bedroom and find her sleeping on the couch. Silly dog!


I get reports from Jan about Bailey and it looks like she is settling in nicely in her new home, which is in Indiana, where there is lots of snow. The Cobbles say it is funny to see her play in 10+ inches of snow, especially since she digs her face in it and then comes up. They have figured out Bailey's flaw, which is...stealing socks! Good thing their dog, Tink, likes to steal shoes, so it works out.


Here are some pictures they sent us. Bailey is on the right in the first one. They also found out that Bailey likes ice cream!



I admit, when I opened them up, I did start to cry because I miss her and she was the one person/dog I spent most of my time with. It has been hard not to have her around, but I know it is for the best since she needs lots of room to run around and play. I must also admit, I do have her picture on my nightstand as opposed to Mike's picture or a picture of the two of us. Mike, of course, laughs at me, but knows it was hard for me to give her away.

So here's to Bailey, my crazy goof ball. These last two pictures make me laugh because it is classic Bailey. After being outside, she would run inside and go into the bathroom and jump in the tub. She didn't want to take a bath, but did want to drink water from the spout and then paw at the water. I have video of it and it's funny. Next was one of Bailey's many spots to squirrel watch. She would race between the balcony and the bedroom in hopes of catching them!



Happy Birthday Bailey!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Bailey - From: Shiner

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw - Happy Birthday Bailey!!! And hugs to you, Amanda. I'm sure Bailey misses you. She is going to LOVE her birthday cake (and I think she'll know it's from you!).

    ReplyDelete